Thursday, April 10, 2008

We Live in Alberta

So here we are in Red Deer. The drive went well. We hit some snow storms on the second day bu they never lasted longer than 30 minutes. It was a very long two days and we were all beyond exhausted when we got here. were feeling better now but still not fully rested. Our basement suite is really nice.....very small but really nice. Marcie and Kenny are going out of their way to help us feel at home help us out. Our stuff took over their entire double car garage and i've managed to get it widdled down to about half now. I think we might need to rent a storage room because i'm never going to fit all our stuff in here.

We went to the Ikea in Calgary on monday!! it was my first Ikea experience and even with the kids and the husband it was still wonderful!! we spent a small fortune and got lots for our money. We are now boasting a new tv stand, end table, desk, and many small household things. I look forward to our next trip, maybe to the Edmonton Ikea? I have also managed to squeeze an old navy trip into my tight unpacking schedule. The boys badly needed new jeans and I had put it off until we got here because i knew i would have access to much better shopping once here. It was great, all the toddler jeans were on sale 40% off!!!

My dad and step mom drove from whitehorse to Edmonton on Tuesday. They picked up my baby brother, his wife and their new baby and have been in red deer since wednesday afternoon! What a great visit were all having! Jason and Kayla and the baby are acutally staying here with us until the weekend (dad is staying with his sister here).

Well its late and there is still a large mound of clothes on my bed that have to be put away before i can go to sleep so I will sign off now. I hope to do a picture post of our trip and our new home soon! Before I go I need to say thank you to everyone that helped us get ready to move those last few days in Terrace! What a blessing! And a really big thank you to Dalen and Sirena (and Joe) who hauled the bigger UHaul trailer with their truck all the way here (and dalen was sick the whole drive). I could never have done the drive withouth them. Not to mention how Dalen did all the research and made all the arrangements for getting out stuff here. What a amazing friends we are blessed with!!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Glad to hear the you arrived safely! Can't wait to see the pics of your new place. Congrats on your firs Ikea shopping experience!! ;)

I'm really sorry about not getting to see you one last time before you went...I missed giving you a hug goodbye...but we'll see eachother again I am sure of it!!

Anonymous said...

Glad the trip went well and that you all made it safely!!! cant wait to see everyone in may!!!

Unknown said...

Still haven't cried, but you nearly got me this time... I think I'm just too excited for you!

Darci said...

Hope you settle in just fine! Now I have someone else to add to my visit list :)

Jen Wilson said...

Oh wow! You're making me excited for my move now ... SHOPPING!!!!!

Good to hear you're settling in!

Princess said...

so glad you arrived safe and sound
continuing to pray for you and your family

Gwen said...

Great to hear everything's going well! Ikea.... I'm a little bit jealous! lol!