The last 3 and a half weeks have been a blur. A slow torturous blur. We found out about about our newest little Penner on the 24th of October. I had one week to daydream and enjoy this new pregnancy before the inevitable morning (all day and all night actually) sickness started. The last 2 weeks I have been taking 5 diclectin a day just to tame the nausea down enough to feed my kids and get them to school. I've been napping every time Cedar naps, so tired. In a small way i'm glad for the extreme symptoms. It does kinda make me feel that baby is going to stick better and is growing strong. Although I will be so so so glad when the first trimester ends and hopefully takes the nausea with it! The last few days I have had a bit of a respite. The nausea is far from gone but it has either lessened some or I just have enough diclectin in my system to finally be able to mask it a bit. Either way its very nice. I still have to eat something hourly or it takes control again but at I'm at least able to get some cooking and cleaning done. Lawrence has been amazing. He has stepped up and taken over many tasks that i usually do. Today he even made the boys lunches and got them to school on time! What a man i have <3
Feeling a little better these last few days has enabled me to start thinking about Christmas a bit more. I would usually have had all the christmas bins at least brought upstairs by now, if not all set up as well. Every year i say that this will be the year that we get a real tree but I think once again that I will be satisfied with our fake pre-lit tree. It does the job and is so much less work. Maybe next christmas I'll feel more up to the task of a real tree. I'm looking forward to breaking out the christmas movies and music. An especially exciting part of this christmas is that we are going to go home to Terrace for the week before christmas! I'm so looking forward to the family time!
This week will probably be the week of christmas lists. I have already started the christmas card list and the gift list. Now i need to begin the baking list and the christmas eve/christmas dinner lists. Have I ever mentioned how much I love lists? Stay tuned for my own christmas wish list :)
No comments:
Post a Comment