I thought i should probably give everyone and update on the house. On monday lawrence got the call from our broker in fort mcmurray telling him that our mortgage had been approved!! Yippee! I was actually in shock and didn't really react much until hours later. I was so sure it was going to be declined (just a feeling).
So the next day I skipped down to our realtors office with the kids in tow, to sign our subject removal form (our subjects were inspection, insurability, and financing). when i got there my realtor told me that unfortunatly our broker had made a mistake and approved us for $6000 less than we needed. What? Okay trying not to be really frustrated with the broker, everyone makes mistakes. Our realtor tried to encourage me that he was sure we would get approved for the higher amount no problem. Problem is, this happened on tuesday and we had to have our subjects removed by Friday or the sellers could walk away and accept another offer (one came in the day they accepted ours). I was feeling a little panicky because the shortest time i've ever heard of a mortgage approval taking is 3 days which would take us to saturday or monday if they didn't work on weekends.
I prayed throughout the day and the next, God's will be done. Yesterday night we had cell. Mark asked for prayer requests at the beginning and I asked for prayer for our house situation. Some great people prayer for us and i felt encouraged by their prayers. 20 minutes later my cell phone rings and i go down the hall to answer it. It was Lawrence. He had just been at Dairy Queen when he ran into our broker (what are the odds?). Our broker informed him that we had been "auto approved" for the higher amount and would not have to send all the application stuff in again after all!!!! Wow!!! I was pretty floored! God is so good! So I was able to go back into cell and give a praise report of an answered prayer from only 20 minutes earlier.
Today I once again went to my realtors office and this time succesfully signed our subject removal form! Yahoo!! There is still a little nervouseness in me that i dont' think will go away until were moved into the house. I told Gabriel today that we got the house and it was so sweet! He looked up at me and said "so mom, does that mean we don't have to worry anymore that someone else could take our house?" awww, poor kid! He's so excited to be in a room with just Noah again. And thrilled that they will have a playroom for their toys. He's already nagging me that we'll need to get a tv in the playroom so he can play his video games whenever he wants. Um yah, not happening.
So in my excitement i put some captions in the few house pictures i have. I will leave you with those. Just realized you totally can't read the captions so i'll retype them.
Main floor living room with new paint and new carpets. this will be the playroom.
will paint the old cupboards white to match the new island and new cupboards on far side of kitchen.
super excited to display my dishes in this brand new cupboard..thingy. Now i just have to collect the nice dishes.
lemon merrinque paint will be the first thing to go! Then i would love some real curtains! we'll have to dispose of these child strangulation devices...also know as blinds.
9 comments:
Congrats!!!! thats awesome! love the captions :D
You best be having a house warming party!!
Wow, that place looks amazing! What a huge blessing!
congrats!! that place looks AMAZING!!
That is a beautiful home!!!
Trust me...a playroom is a life saver...or wife saver!!!
Your living room looks beautiful!!
When do you move in?
possesion is september 30th!
Hey congrats from us, thats awesome cant wait to come see it hopefully next summer
Congratulations...very happy for you!
Wow it's beautiful!! You'll have fun making it your own!!
Post a Comment