Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Connected Again!!!

Hello online world!!! I have missed you dearly! I dealt with my absence from tv and internet better than I thought i would but i'm so very glad to be back. I got my dial up internet working just hours ago (thanks to dalen) and so far the speed is better than i thought it would be. Its still super slow but its okay so far. I imagine it will be slower later in the evening when other people are on as well (does dial up work like that)? I also got our satellite hooked up today! Its going to be tough to not stay up really late and to not have the tv on all day. The kids are quietly absorbed in the beauty of wonder pets right now, we'll see how long the novelty lasts. I also got a couple extra learning channels which i'm excited about.

On to even better news!! Friday morning lawrence will be flying to Terrace and will be home for 10 glorious days!!! We saw him a couple weeks ago when he met us half way in Quesnel but he hasn't been to our house since right before we bought it. He'll be home for halloween and our halloween party! Yay!! By the way, were having an unofficial open house halloween night at 7pm. A fire and just relaxed hanging out. If you want to come out give me a ring for directions and bring some munchies if you can. There won't be anything overwhelmingly halloweenish except some kids dressed up and maybe some small fireworks.

There is so much to catch up on i don't know where to start. I guess i'll just stop now and go with the flow. So great to be back!!!

P.S. probably won't be many picutres in the near or far future as dial up will take forever to upload them.

5 comments:

Laney said...

hey star, glad to see you back online, hope everything is going good :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! so happy for you!! Sweet about the learning channels. i love those channels. And wow, thats awesome you get to spend 10 days with Lawrence :D I so wish we could come hang out for halloween lol. We've been invited to a couple places but i just don't feel like going...been feeling pretty blah lately :( lol And you could always start uploading the pictures and walk away and do something while it takes its slow time lol...my dad has to do that with his computer, to just get to a page online... lol he has a really old computer..he said once it took 2 hours to get to the page he wanted...ouch... anyways i shoud stop blabbing on the comment box and go do something lol

Unknown said...

Dial up doesn't work that way.. It's cable that does that.. you should be experiencing the same slowness at all times ;) I think. I have been wrong about these things.. hold on... Dalen said it doesn't matter how many people are on so now we know ;)

Tanya said...

Welcome back!

Linda said...

I'm so GLAD you're back online! And really, wanting to see new baby pics, is not the ony reason......its high up there on the list though LOL I'm SO glad Lawrence is home for ten days! I hope your Halloween was fun and you have some great family time! Tell Lawrence I have been praying for him! ((((((((hugs)))))

Mom