Sorry I have been so slack in my blog updates as of late. I haven't been on the computer much at all. But this post is oh so exciting!
Since each of my babies were born I have prayed for them that they would see their need for Christ at a young age and follow Him all their days! We have been doing devotionals at breakfast time every morning and I love the one we are using right now. On Saturday morning we had finished our devotional and we were talking about it. This one had been about how we are sinful and that we need Jesus in our hearts to get to heaven. Here is a short conversation me and Gabe had:
Gabe: I'm going to heavem mom
mom: How are you going to heaven?
Gabe: I have Jesus in my heart.
mom: Did you ask Jesus into your heart?
Gabe: yup I did.
mom (tearing up in a major way): when did you do that?
Gabe: awhile ago in my bed.
mom: thats so exciting! I'm so proud of you! (more tears and lots of hugging)
Is there a moment in a mothers life more joyful than this? I praise You God!!! I was a little sad that I wasn't a part of Gabes special talk with Jesus and that I don't have a specific day to write down, but still what a great day! Later he told aunty Ruth (and wouldn't allow me to tell anyone else in his presence) and when he told her he had the sweetest tears in his eyes. She gave him a big hug and off he went to play again.
Oh God would you guide him now and all his days! Would he always seek out your will for his life and follow your leading! Would he be passionate for You from now until his last day!
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; theLord turn his face toward you and give you peace." numbers 6:24-26
P.S. I tried to put a picture of Gabriel on but it wouldn't work.
2 comments:
Star, I definately know the feeling when your child accepts Jesus into their heart, Aja did that about 5 months ago and I was sooo excited!I can't wait till Lucas does the same and both of them live their lives for God.
I am crying my eyes out! Happy tears and picturing Gabe's sweet eyes filled with his own earnest tears, remembering each of my children at that age, one by one having their own meeting with God and connecting to Him in a way that will never break! Maybe that's why I loved this age so much, so challenging yet so full of joyful discovery!
Post a Comment