Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Refreshing!




What an amazing 10 days this has been. Its been so wonderful to spend time with Lawrence all by ourselves. Get this, I have read 2 and a half books since I got here (one i was half done when we left). I used to do that all the time. i would start a book one day and finish it the next. I slept in every day and know that I am totally caught up on sleep. I have wandered around town, shopped, and played soccer. It has been so relaxing. I have missed my kids terribly. 10 days is a really long time to be away from them. I have had the comfort of knowing that they are in wonderfully capable hands (thanks mom and James!) and I have talked to them on the phone every day. Part of me wishes I had only been gone for 5 days but the other part of me feels like I really needed this.




I now know Fort mcmurray. This town has its problems but let me tell you, it is still a great city with great people! The church Lawrence has picked out is wonderful and I felt at home there immediatly. It may sound strange to some but the second day I was here I was driving through downtown and I was all of a sudden overcome with emotion. I just felt the strongest love for the people of this city! I really feel like God was giving me small glimpse of how He feels for the people here. I am so excited to move here and to contribute to this community,to build relationships with people here. I have already made some great friends and I'm so excited to get to know them better.




God has a perfect plan for our family. He knows the best timing for things to happen. I am praying that our BC house sells quickly so that me and the kids can join Lawrence here. But I value every day that we have left living in Terrace! What an amazing blessing God has given us in Terrace. Friends and family that have stuck by us through thick and thin. They have spurred us on and been determined to see Gods best for us. Friends that have been strongly commited to our spiritual growth and have deeply invested in us. These are relationships that do not waver from distance or time. These are relationships that will be strong forever! I dont' know where we would be today if not for these people. We go into this next season of our lives knowing that we have love of support and prayers backing us up with every step, what more confidence and assurance could a person want or need?!!!




I must be honest. Right now my heart feels like dancing! I want to stand on a mountaintop with hands and arms raised to the heavens and yell God's name!!! No matter what may come, my God is strong, my God is perfect, My God is worthy!!!

4 comments:

Princess said...

what a refreshing post!

continuing to pray for you and your family!!

Charlene said...

This post, Starla, makes me oh so proud to be your friend. I am so glad you and Lawrence have made this choice for your family even if it will be so hard to see you gone. Fort Mac will be wonderful for you all as your mind is set on the things above. Makes me think of

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

You are a beautiful woman Star!!!

Kayla said...

starla i loved the post and i feel bad that you have to leave terrace again but im SO excited that you and your family are going to be so much closer to us! Hope all works out with selling and buying! Love you

Linda said...

Wherever you go, God goes with you!! He has special plans for you and your sweet family and hubby!