Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surprise!

The last few days have been pretty good. I have yet to excercise which makes me annoyed with myself . But on Monday i'm starting a walk to run routine with a couple friends. I'm happy with how my eating has been. Like i said in my previous post, I'm not calorie counting just yet but just being more careful with my portions and what i'm eating. A new favorite snack of mine is Edamame with sea salt, mmmm! You can but a large box of individual serving microwave steam bags at Superstore. I throw a bag in in the evening if i'm having a hard time with cravings, then just toss them with a bit of salt and voila, yummy! I have also discovered that while I still hate the taste of diet coke, I am fine with Coke Zero (which is what I drank before Lily was born). last night and tonight i had spaghettie and i actually managed enough will power to not add the shredded cheese like I normally do. I used new spices in my sauce and with that change I found I really didn't miss the cheese!


So today my sister in-law Tasha asked me to go shopping with her. Cool, i love shopping and hanging out with her so it was a win win for me :) Little did I know that she was being sneaky! She asked if she could come over after and do laundry. So we finished our shopping and then headed home. I get inside and what do i find? Balloons, food, presents, and most of my beautiful local friends!! They threw me a surprise baby shower!! I feel so blessed! I had absolutely no clue at all that they were planning this, even when my friend Kris (who was the planner) mysteriously showed up at my door as I was leaving to pick up Tasha. She claimed she needed to look for her sons hat that he forgot the last time he was over. I thought she was acting funny but still didn't have a clue what she was up to, sneaky lady! They all gave me beautiful gifts for Cedar and myself (see pictures) and just really blessed me! Thanks so much girls! You are amazing friends (and family)!




5 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

hey star, instead of that cheese on your getti, have you ever tried nutritional yeast? (NOT brewers yeast)... when sprinkled on food it has a kind of a pungent parmesan type flavor that it adds to the dish... and super nutritious too!!! YUMS!!! <3

Jenny said...

I love the brown sweater and the wool slippers...too cute! The hat is beautiful as well...well actually, it's all very nice stuff!lol

The New Mama said...

Glad you enjoyed it!!! :D

Dawn said...

Glad you are back to blogging! I love your blog!

Linda said...

That's wonderful!! Wish I could have been there! Congrats to Tash on the "sneakiness" haha