
I had my dr's appointment today. I had the first appointment of the day, 9:00am. So I thought i wouldn't have to wait this time. I was wrong. Her nurse had forgotten that Dr. Almas was in the OR this morning. So i sat in the exam room for an hour waiting and then her nurse asked if i could just go to the hospital and have my appointment there. I guess the dr was waiting for a girl to give birth and didn't want to leave her yet. So, chart in hand, off i went to labor and delivery. All and all i didn't pick up the boys until 12:10. Thanks so much to Christy who watched them for my insanely long appointment!
It went pretty well otherwise. Growth is fine, heart rate is 140 which is also good. She did an little mini ultrasound on her portable machine which was fun. And she confirmed that its a girl. She did see something that wasn't supposed to be there though. She thinks it might possibly be a little cyst on one of Lily's overies. Either that or something to do with the tube that comes from her bladder (can't remember the name of it). She said that either way its nothing major to worry about, just something to keep an eye on. So she ordered another big ultrasound for me. Yay! I love having ultrasounds!!! Its in 2 weeks. And the receptionist in the ultrasound department told me to drink water but that i didn't need to drink as much this time (phew). The only other things to note were my hemoglobin levels were low (low iron) and my blood platelete count has dropped again....arggg. So i have to keep getting blood taken at least every month, possible every two weeks from here on.
She did check me and absolutly nothing is happening so far so thats very good news. She wants to see me again in 2 weeks, right before our trip to Quesnel. She says that as long as things are still looking like they are now that it shouldn't be a problem for me to go. Yay!!!
So there you have it. I'm feeling much relieved that there is no dilation or thinning happening. Good girl Lily! Keep it up for another 5 weeks at least!
P.S. I only gained 4 lbs this last month!!! Yahoo!
4 comments:
She is coming so soon!!!
Thanks for the lovely baby update!! I feel blogs are the only way to keep udated on everyones lives!! Soo happy you are having girl :)
i'm glad that things are going well for you, as much as you want her here now... its best that she grows for a few more weeks... but as i've learned you'll really miss it once she is here!!
oh and is she the last or do you want more?
dawn - i think i want one more but we haven't talked about it yet. I would definitly like to space them a bit further the next time though.
Post a Comment