Friday, June 26, 2009

From Facebook

Starla's 20 Questions About Me

1. How old were you when your first child was born?22

2. What month and year was your youngest child born?June 2003

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?An intimate look into my first reaction....I took a test in the bathroom and when i saw that second pink line I actually sat on my knees on the bathroom floor and cried i was so overwhelmed with Joy!

4. Who did you tell first?Actually Ruth knew before even Lawrence because she filled in for me at work so I could go and confirm it with the Dr. before telling Lawrence. Then Lawrence, then then family and so on.

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?I believe it was 33lbs

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?first trimester it was plain potato chips, the thinnest greasiest ones I could find, then in the second and third trimester I lived on popsicles.

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?Yes, it was by accident. The ultrasound tech couldn't move away from his "parts" fast enough. "wow, did I just see that?".

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?Not really with my first, pretty text book unlike the next two.
9. How much did your first child weigh?6lbs 14oz

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?he was 1.5 weeks early.

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?Lily had really bad eczema and still struggles with it on occasion but otherwise nothing...and I wouldn't really consider it a difficult health issue.

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?There are two many favorite parts! I really love when one of them asks to sit with me and cuddles in, I love kissing cheeks that have just woken up, I love it when their so excited to tell me something, I love it that they come to me (or lawrence) first to show us something cool they can do....the list is endless!

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?Normally I would say its even. Right now for us I would say its harder being the dad because he has to be away so much right now, that tougher than I could handle!

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?When your so overtired that you want to cry all day....call a friend, call your mom, call anyone to come and walk with the baby for a couple hours so you can sleep. Or even just call someone close and tell them that your feeling sad and exhausted. Just vent if thats all you can do. Take advice from other moms but make your own decisions.

15. Did you always think you'd have kids?since I was a wee tot! Haha!!! I've always wanted to be a mom!

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?I always knew that I would really really love my children once I had them but I had no idea of how overwhelmingly powerful that love can really be!!

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?Hmm....being able to camp or go to the lake and just sit and not worry about counting my kids every few minutes. But then again, isn't camping and the lake so much more fun through your childs eyes!!

18. How many children do you have?three

19. Do you plan to have any more children?I would like to yes.

20. Who's the mom that you admire most?My mom of course. She raised all five of us mostly on her own and while she wasn't perfect she instilled in me a love for the people around me and and need for my God that has permeated my entired life!! The other mom that I admire the most are the moms that I know that don't yet have their babies. These moms dream about and love their babies just as much as I do mine but they haven't yet been able to hold them in their arms. Their love, strength and perserverance has taught me so much and I only hope that I am half the mom they already are in their hearts!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazingly wonderful mother! and an just an awesome person in general!! Miss you guys so much!!! Still hoping we get to see you guys sooner rather than later!! Your last answer made me bawl :( lol And made me think of Christy :( I hope we get to see her before we leave quesnel :( Give Gabe, Noah and Lily a hug from Jer and I!?! And make sure each one gives you a hug from us!! Love you all!