I've come to this "New Post" page many times in the last month and then changed my mind and not written anything. Don't know why, just wasn't in the mood I guess. Well, i'm in the mood now! Here is my big exciting news that most of my blog readers probably already know but I feel a need to write it all down.
We are friends with the youth pastor and his wife from our church in Fort Mcmurray. He is one of the first friends Lawrence had in fort mac and I have met his wife a couple times (super nice). They are moving out of the trailer they own soon. A friend of theirs is renting them a house for the price of utilities only. They have offered for us to rent their trailer for an amazing price! Our house has no offers on it and actually the last couple weeks have been really slow for showings (comes with the passing of summer). But the thing is, what they will charge us for rent with all utilities included is the same that we are paying for Lawrences rent there and our utilites here combined. So We can move to Fort Mcmurray now, leave our house here for sale, and still be paying the same amount that we are now. Wow! I'm really excited but a little anxious. I still am feeling like its too good to be true. They are waiting for some cleanup to be done in their new place before they can move and then as soon as their out we can move in.
I can't actually leave until October 1st. We are homeschooling Gabe and are registered with a BC School . They told me that as long as were living here until September 30th, I can keep our funding money and finish out the year with them even if we move to Alberta. But if we move before Sept. 30, I would have to pay back any funding money I had spent and register with an Alberta school. So Its looking very much like come early October me and the kids will be joining Lawrence!! I am so sad to think about leaving Terrace, but so excited to be there with Lawrence! We'll see if it all pans out! God is so good!!!
4 comments:
oh im excited!! when you get settled, hopefully before the first snow fall we can come up and visit!! i hope things fall into place and you sell that house quick!
Oh thats so awesome!!!! At least this way you wont have to be around when the showings happen and maybe it wont be so discouraging now! Good luck with everything!!
That is awesome news Starla! I hope and pray that this all works out the way you want it to!
I am so happy for you! It sucks to be doing what you guys have done. I hope that everything falls into place seamlessly and that the move is amazing. I am sorry that I will not see you now when I come in December! You were on my list again!
Post a Comment