Thursday, October 08, 2009

Quickish update

I know i promised tons of pictures but i'm just doing a quick post on lawrence laptop while i'm making bread. I just wanted to let everyone know that our move went well. No major mishaps to report. A few things got minorly broken on route but nothing major. After 3 days I'm almost completely unpacked! My body is yelling at me for getting it all done so fast but I just couldn't relax around all the boxes. Its been a challenge fitting all our stuff into a much much much smaller place but so far I've got it under control, and yes, our couch actually fits very well in the living room! Gabe is super excited with our wireless internet, I got the wii connected to it today and he's eagerly finishing his school work so he can play mario kart online with Adon and Tristan.

My biggest excitment is the possibility of having the gas hooked back up by the beginning of next week. our frinds (the landlords) are building an addition onto the side of the house and the gas can't be hooked back up until they have the foundation fully finished. So we currently have no gas heat and no hot water. the heat thing hasn't been an issue at all. they bought us some really nice electric heaters that keep us toasty, not being able to bath and shower, and having to heat water for things like dishes and washing faces and hands, now thats fun. It will make me really appreciate the luxory of hot water heaters once I have it again.

Then theres the weather. wow. It snowed off and on yesterday and has been doing the same today. Only a light dusting is actually staying but its kinda cold for October....well cold as far as what were used to from Terrace. Its been hovering around -3 during the day since we got here. I had to dig out Lily's winter coat today and I had to buy myself some mittens for driving...brrr.

So there is my quickish update. Hopefully I'll have time to start getting pictures up this weekend or next week. God bless all!!!

3 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

glad things went smoothly!!!!

when ppl tell me it takes grit to live in terrace, i think about places like... where you are!!!

starla said...

oh goodness it never took any grit for me to move to and live in Terrace!! We easily could have lived there forever!! But it is fun going on long term adventures like this!!

Linda said...

hehe the water and heat problems sound like our ol cabin in the woods. I very glad you don't have to haul wood or feed animals!

Some parcels of mittens and such will be coming soon. Nag me okay?

Luv ya (((( hugs Mom))))

Ps I put a cute pic on my blog for the kids to look at and chuckle