Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pink Playdough

Lawrence and I are going on a date night! Yippee!  I'm trying to remember when was the last time we went.....Its been 2-3 months at least I think.  Were going to go for dinner and then maybe go for a soak in the hot tub at the pool.  Our normal babysitter had plans so someone new is coming tonight.  We do know her but the kids don't remember her.  She was a volunteer at VBS the last two summers that the kids went and I distinctly remember her carrying Lily around quite a bit....much to Lily's pleasure.  I know the kids will like her but despite my assurances Lily is feeling nervous about it.  She had to ask me a few times why she couldn't just come with us.  So to cheer her up I decided to make her some new playdough while Lawrence took them out sledding.  I've made playdough the last two times that we were in need of a new batch.  Both times I did a no cook recipe and remember it being quite easy.  But alas, this time I was out of cream of tarter.  I couldn't for the life of me find a no cook recipe that did not include cream of tarter so I had to settle for a cooked recipe.  Sigh.  I was quickly reminded why I hate playdough recipes that you need to cook.  My arm was throbbing after stirring the thick mass for only 5 minutes and it was still so sticky!  After cooking it for almost 15 minutes I abandoned the pot and dumped it into a bowl where I needed close to 1.5 cups of extra flour into it before it was finally workable as playdough.  Its done now and I know she'll love it, especially the color.  


But I really hope to never ever have to cook playdough again!  Which brings me to once again ask your advice.  Do you have a favorite playdough recipe that you always use?  Or maybe you've only used it once but it was super easy?  I have already added cream of tarter to my grocery list.  I only used food coloring this time but the last time I made playdough I used kool aid to color it with the added bonus of the playdough being scented :)  That was fun but I was also out of kool aid this time.  So let me hear your favorite recipe!  Please!!!

No comments: