Thursday, July 06, 2006
Bear Be Gone!
I am at this very moment on hold with Waste Managment. They don't even let you listen to elevator music, you have to listen to all their advertisments the whole time. Why, you might ask, am I on hold with waste managment? It all started last week. I was sitting at the computer at about 11:00pm when I heard a noise outside. I peeked through the curtains to see a bear in our garbage bin. He had the lid up and was dragging bags out. I slammed open the front door and started yelling at it. It took a few steps away and then stood on its hind legs and stared at me as if to say "what are you gonna do about it lady". I yelled up the stairs to lawrence and he came running down. After quickly grabbing a shovel from the garage he chased it into the bushes and I cleaned up the garbage. The bear came back about 30 minutes later but this time we were ready for him, lawrence had a shovel and and axe waiting by the front door. He went barreling down the front steps, axe raised high and yelling out this terribly creepy laugh.....i was trying not to laugh myself but it did work and he once again chased the bear into the nearby bushes. Lawrence then piled 6 very large blocks of wood ontop of the garbage bin to prevent him from getting in it again and we went to bed. We awoke early (3:30am) and i drove lawrence out to work in Jackpine. The bin looked fine when we left but when me and the boys got back from driving lawrence to work, the entire side of the bin had been torn right off! I couldn't believe it! So now it is nailed shut and tied together with a rope. He has come back and done some more damage since but hasn't been able to fully open it. So now here I am trying to arrange for weekly garbage pickup. I keep getting re-directed and put on hold....so i'm doomed to annoying elevator music and advertisments, my only hope is that I will luck out and finally talk to someone who knows what their talking about and our garbage will be gone and with it the Bear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You guys are so brave! I'm not sure Scott and I would be chasing a bear with an axe!!!
We just got weekly garbage pickup when we moved to our house in October, and I love it!!! Not too expensive either!!!
wow! I would be so scared to even go outside... is there anyone that you can call to come get rid of the bear? (relocate it or something)
Jenny, how did you arrange for you pickup? were having a heck of time figuring it out!
lany, the neighbors have been phoning for years, and they never do anything about it. I could try and complain but right now getting rid of the garbage is easier
Holee Crapolee! That is my worst fear out here...having a run in with a bear! I hope you get this all figured out soon! Take care.
Just phone Waste Management and under the options they give you select "residential" and then select existing customer. Once you get an operator tell them you're having problems setting up an account and they'll do it for you. That's what I had to do...couldn't get through to an operator any other way!!!
Did your husband catch anything yesterday??
thanks Jenny, i'll do that on monday! No he hasn't caught anything he went out twice yesterday and no one was catching anything anywhere! How about you guys?
We got nothing!! I feel bad for Scott (my husband). He is really including us in on all his excursions, but I think we kind of complicate things a little for him!! (losing his rigs, getting snagged, kids screaming) I think he will be hitting the river next for some serious solitude!!
Post a Comment