Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oh Glorious Sun!




We went to the lake yesterday and today and its been great! Yesterday Ruth drew a flower on my belly in sunscreen. It was a novel idea but didn't work out so well. I underestimated the power of the sun and burnt to a crisp! We did the flower a bit too big and only half of it worked so i have this thing that resembles half a marijuan leaf on my belly. I sunscreened everything but the flower today in hopes of returning my belly to normal. It looks like it darkened a bit but not as much as the rest of my belly. The boys have had a great time and slept wonderfully last night due to all the expended energy. Its supposed to be nice out again tomorrow and I'm hoping to head out to the lake again for day three. I'm just so worried that these will be the only three days of sun for the summer. I know thats silly but considering our lousy summer so far, i'm skeptical.

I'm really craving a campout. I would love to go camping sometime soon. Out at Furlong with a bunch of friends would be just grand......any takers? Maybe next weekend if the forecast is good. let me know if you want to go! Hopefully by next weekend i won't be so crispy burnt and i'll remember to put on sunscreen from my ouchful experience this week. Thank the good Lord above for refrigerated aloe vera gel!!

2 comments:

Carin said...

I will go camping! :) if I am not working... definitely keep me updated on the camping proceedings!

Princess said...

i want to go camping... its a tad bit far for us though!
are you gonna post a pic of your burnt crispiness?