Monday, November 12, 2007

First Smiles!!

I have some exciting news! Well its exciting for me anyways so i thought i would share it with you all. Lily smiled for the first time today!!! And it was for me!!! What a good girl! The last couple weeks she has been having lots of alert times when she likes to look into your face. I usually have little chats with her while shes lying on her change table. We were having one of our usualy little chats this morning and she gave me this huge smile with her tongue sticking out (she really likes playing with her tongue lately). I was so excited and so i talked some more to her and she smiled a couple more times! I just can't believe how fast she is growing! I love it but it makes me sad at the same time. There are still moments almost everyday when i stop and realize that I have a daughter! wow! I daydream about us doing stuff together, shopping, tea parties....the list is endless. And her brothers love her so much! Whenever I get Lily dressed Gabe will come into the nursery and look at her outfit and declare "aww, she's so cute!" and yesterday i put her in a dress for the first time and gabe said to me "aww mom, she looks like a princess!" I thought it was so cute!!!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Awwww...he thinks his sister is a princess...too cute!!

Tamara said...

I'm still so happy that you finally got your daughter :) Not that it's bad having boys (and not that I'd know lol), but there's so many things that you get to go through with girls that you don't with boys...and plus, shopping for them is much more fun!

Princess said...

awwww doesn't it make your heart melt to see them smile at you!!! Isaiah's first smiles were for me too. can't wait to see some photos of this new milestone!! and gabe.... to precious!!