Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Sick Sleepless House
A couple of weeks ago Gabriel was sick with a stomach bug. I was up with him most of the night while he was puking. Last night Noah woke up around 12am puking (hamburger helper yuck!). He was up most of the night. Lawrence was feeling really sick as well but thank goodness he never started puking (he even went to work this morning at 5am). I slept on the couch with Noah on the floor at one end and Lily in her bassinette at the other. Lily actually slept fairly well. She had her first 4 hour sleep stretch which is awesome!!! I just hope that she has another on a night that I can actually sleep through it as well. We were all up at 7 this morning and I'm exhausted! I think i got about 3 hours sleep in total. I'm chugging back the coffee and praying for tomorrow when he should hopefully be better. He's still puking this morning. It's amazing how you can function with so little sleep when you have to. Oh well. Once he's better i think i'll see about the boys haveing a sleepover at Gramma's and I'll catch up on the lost sleep then. It is all worth it.... the sleepless nights, cleaning up puke, the whole works. I just look at Noah's cute little face as he reaches to be picked up and snuggles into my arms and I'd do it all over again tomorrow night (prefer not to though).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Starla, I hope tonight brings healthy children and a great nights rest!
Oh yea, having sick kids sucks! But the snuggles make it worthwhile.
awww you poor guys!! praying that you all get better soon and that you dont get it!!!!
sorry to hear it starla...
i must say you have a very perky attitude... how much coffee did you have? hehe just teasing.. i am glad your kiddies have a tender momma.
Post a Comment