Night two went better by far. I put them all down early at 7pm because they were cranky (and so was I). Lily fussed a little but by 7:15pm all three of them were fast asleep. Lily didn't wake until 3:30 which is really good for her since we moved here. I went in to give her a bottle and realized that she was soaking wet. I though this strange because I'm using pampers on her and she almost never leaks through them. They have always lasted through the night. When I opened her sleeper to change her I realized that we got another faulty diaper! the little absorbing gel bead things were everywhere!!! What a mess! It was so gross! This has happened to me once before with Noah and I'm really frustrated. So i'll be calling Pampers once again. The last time this happened they sent me coupons for a free bag of diapers. Anyways, i changed her diaper and sleeper and cuddled with her for a bit. She was wide awake, arggg. I knew that if i put her back in her crib she would scream and i really didn't want Noah waking up. So i brought her into bed with me not expecting her to sleep very well. Well she went back to sleep and slept until 6:30 when Gabe and Noah came into my room to tell me that it was taking too long for it to be 7am. So i let them all get up, put lily in her excersaucer and went back to bed! I was feeling really sick during the night and early morning (stupid trycyclen pills) so I didn't sleep good. I got up around 7:30 and made my coffee and then got them all breakfast. I am happy to report that all three kids had cheerios for breakfast! Wow, this is a happy day. The boys loved having cheerios with milk and they didn't make a huge mess and lily loved having dry ones in her high chair, no choking mishaps. Lily also had her baby cereal with prunes.
I'm seriously thinking about putting us all on a very rigid schedule. I've never been a big sheduler. I have done it a little bit more as each child has come along simply out of neccesity but i'm wondering if it would make things easier now that i'm without a second pair of hands most of the time. I'm going to search some bullatin boards to see what other moms do for scheduling. I've also recently been inspired by Jen's posts on baskets and organizing and would like to organize more....i'm honestly not sure where to put baskets right now though. I might need to trade in my pretty reed baskets for some more functional space saving plastic ones. We'll see. I plan on leaching some valuable tips from an organizing junkie for hopefully making our little suite more livable. I'm getting a little annoyed with my clothes being in piles on my bedroom floor. It is supposed to be nice out again today so hopefully we'll get outside for awhile and burn some energy......obviously i mean the kids energy because i don't have any to spare.
5 comments:
baskets are AWESOME!!! I hope you have fun with the scheduling and organizing ... it's not easy but SO worth it in the end!
yea for sleep!
Penny has started doing cloth and poor Cora seems to get rashes way easier now.
I love Organizing Junkie's Blog. So many good ideas. now if I only have drive to get it done. :S
Weird that you had a faulty diaper. I have never had a problem with Pampers (unless the kids went swimming in one) and I used them for 3 years with Jeffery (he was a stubburn potty trainer) and almost a year with Logan. Its good to hear that sleep times are going better. :) I hope you get organized ok. I find using baskets for my clothes in my room helps keep my room looking cleaner. :)
I love baskets too!! But jeremy's not a fan lol So glad Lily is letting you get some sleep now!!! Hopefully your pill stops making you feel sick soon!!! Good luck on organzizing! I'm sure you wont have a problem lol
Hey Starla... When you and the kids come here..will you be staying here or at your moms?!
Post a Comment