Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When we got back from edmonton Marcie informed me that Lily had slept for 13 hours straight the night before!!! What!!! She didn't nap as much as normal which i'm sure helped but i think the main thing is that she sleeps in the same room as me. When i was gone she slept by herself in my room (marcie used the baby monitor). So I took drastic measures yesterday afternoon. I rearraned the boys room and moved lily's crib in there with them. I felt a little guilty, like i was sacrificing the boys sleep for my own. But I'm really hoping that without me in the room she'll sleep better. I moved Noah into gabes room when he was 6 months old and it only took a week for him to be sleeping almost through the night. Lily woke the normal times but i only went in to help her twice. I gave her a bottle and then left. she went back to sleep pretty easy. One time i didn't go in and she cried for about 15 minutes before falling back to sleep. she didn't get up at all at the normal 5am wake time which is great! she slept till 7 which is when Gabe and Noah get up anyway. Gabe gave her a toy which occupied her for another half hour. I actually got less sleep last night than normal though. Noah has a cold and at about 1am he crawled into bed with me. I let him stay because he was coughing so much and I didn't want him to wake Lily. So all night long he coughed. poor guy. I am going to need alot of coffee today. Oh and did i mention that my aunt flo decided to return yesterday from an 8 month hiatus? Good times. I leave with this feel good video clip, cause sometimes the only thing to make you feel better is to hear a baby laughing. Turn your volum up, its a little quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your "aunt flo" returning. Probably because you were away from nursing for the weekend. That happened with me with Logan. The price we pay for a nice weekend away. Oh for it to not be that way. Ok that rhymed. Too creepy. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend and Gabe had a good early birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice job Lily with the sleeping! It's too bad you didn't get much sleep...poor Noah :( And no Amy and David won't be moving with us. We told her we would move somewhere with her if we could get a 3 bedroom...but if we couldn't then we all gotta look for places lol. And so we haven't found any 3 bedrooms :(