We just got home from our weekend away! It was great. Here is how it all went.
On friday afternoon we left lily with Marcie and Kenny, packed the boys into the van and headed to Edmonton. We took them to west ed mall for the day. Next saturday is Gabes birthday but lawrence will be working so it was an early birthday present for him. We took them on a few rides at Galaxyland, Gabe bought a new game for his gamecube (they gave us the wrong one which means we'll be heading back next weekend probably), and then we took them to a kids playland thing in Galaxyland. Its like a huge playzone full of climbing tubes, ball bits, and slides. Then we had dinner and birthday cake. They were so tired from having so much fun! we really had a great time with them! Then my wonderful sister in-law, Kayla, picked them up and took them to their place for 2 nights. Lawrence and I got a nice hotel room and spent a couple days all to ourselves. We did some shopping (not much surprisingly), ate out, went to a movie and went on big people rides at galaxyland. It was a nice weekend to recharge. I missed the kids tons even though i knew i needed the break. Lily is still at church with ken and marc and I'm really missing her. I keep listening for their door to open so i can go hug my baby! It was a great weekend. Thanks so much to my brother and his wife, Jason and Kayla, and thanks to Kenny and Marcie! these 4 people made it happen for us! What great friends and family we have!! I will post pictures of our trip soon!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! You definately deserved a couple nights free of kids!!!
Post a Comment