Monday, June 25, 2007

Broccoli Cheese Soup!

I made the yummiest soup ever tonight! I got the recipe from one of my FitPregnancy magazines and I had to share it with you all. I don't normally put all my ingredients in cute little bowls and photograph it all but i was having so much fun!


Here are all the yummy ingredients:
1tbls butter
1/2 med. onion chopped
1clove garlic minced
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium yukon gold potato, peeled and diced (i used white potatos)
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. (I actually pureed my onion and garlic, thats why it looks like mush)
Add broccoli, potatos, and chicken broth. Raise heat to high and allow to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until broccoli and potato soften.

Let broccoli mixture cool slightly, then transfer to blender or food processor. puree until smooth.
Return soup to saucepan. Add buttermilk and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cook soup over low heat until cheese melts (do not allow to boil) about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Enjoy!


4 comments:

jessicabrandenbarg said...

YUM>> THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!!

Princess said...

wow my family will just love that one!!

Gwen said...

Wow, Starla, I love the little bowls and the nice presentation! Good post.

Linda said...

Star, you could be the next Rachel Ray! I definitely want to make that! Amazing pics!!