Time for an update on the big move. Lawrence and I decided that whether the trailer sells with this current offer or not, me and the kids are moving to Red Deer in the next couple weeks. I've been packing like mad and my house is full of boxes, i'm feeling comfortable with my current progress. We had a major blessing last weekend when our good friends offered to pull a smaller and much cheaper trailer with their truck instead of us renting a big moving truck. This means that lawrence doesn't have to fly home to move us and it will save us about $1000 in moving costs (Thank you Dalen and Sirena)! What great friends they are!!! So we have had a little glitch in our plan today. The trailer we were hoping to rent from someone we know won't work for our move as it doesn't have brakes.....not so safe for a long distance move. And then another glitch. Turns out Uhaul doesnt' have any trailers right now and even if they did their reservation service is far less than reliable. So Dalen is going to go over to the Uhaul and hopefully see if we have some options. were also going to check the Uhaul in kitimat. I'm praying hard and working extremely hard to trust in God with this. He has opened so many doors for us thus far and I know that He can handle this. I'm starting to feel a little more than stressed but i'm trying not to let it get ahold of me.
A favor from all you readers: if anyone that lives in town knows of anyone that has a trailer that we could rent to move our stuff please let me know. Ask around if you don't mind. thank you very much!
Today Ruth took both the boys for most of the day. I didn't ask her to, she offered and of course I accepted. The boys had a great time with her! Then later she brought them to Christy's house to play with tristan ( i was there using her table to sew on as I no longer have a table). I was about to head home to prepare for a baby shower and Christy said Gabe could just stay the extra hour until the baby shower and then she would drop him off at Gramma's around the corner (she was babysitting for me). Then Ruth said she would keep Noah until then and bring him to Grammas for me. Wow! What great friends I have! My friends and family here have certainly gone above and beyond during this moving/packing/nohusbandintown time. I'm truly blessed.
The sale of the house isn't final yet. Were still waiting for subjects to go through. I actually have managed to not think about it much. Hopefully i can continue with that trend. I'm trying to trust that even if this sale doesn't go through God has a plan. It would be very great though if this one went through. We probably won't know for sure until closer to the 9th of april.
well thats all for now. thanks for everyones support and prayers!
8 comments:
I don't know how you do it!!! Good for you though...I'd be beyond stressing!
I hope that everything goes well and that the sale goes through and that its all smooth sailing from here on in.
Sorry I wasn't there last night at cell...none of us were...J was suppose to call, but didn't...typical:( I wasn't feeling that great and just spent the evening in bed.
We are praying for you all!
We have to go for AT LEAST one last run before you leave...I'll start hunting for a babysitter.
continuing to pray for you
i miss you all so much, i was saddened to leave terrace before i had a chance to really get to know you girls
There's a big trailer that's sitting as you drive onto Kofoed(right from the highway beside the old auction place.) There's a for sale sign on it(obviously you don't want to buy it) but maybe you could call them and ask if they'd rent it out?
thanks jenny, i'll check it out.
God Bless with all the details.
What? The Uhaul reservation isn't reliable?? Uh oh ... I guess I'll have to go down there too.
I really hope your house sells for you. I will pray that it does.
I don't know of anyone with a big enough trailer to move ... I wish I did!!!
Jen - uhaul won't gaurantee your reservation until 24 hours prior to when you want it. Its probably easier if your getting a truck because they have more of them.
Post a Comment