
$1,024.00!!!!
That is how much it will cost to rent a UHaul truck to move us To Red deer. That includes 4 days and about 1500km. Yikes!!! Someone did offer their homemade moving trailer to use but I highly doubt our beloved minivan would be able to haul it full of stuff that far and not die on the side of the freeway! Did I mention that the above price does not include the scads and scads of environment wrecking gas we will also need to get there?
In other news. Noah has a new favorite word....No. and yes he knows all too well what it means, he is also learning very quickly what happens when he says it to mommy after i tell him to do something. he is also going through the "i'm not coming when you call i'm just going to stand here and stare at you until you come after me and then i'm going to squeel and scream at you" stage. So much fun. yesterday in walmart I mentioned something about daddy to Gabe and Noah got all excited and was looking all around thinking that daddys was there. I told him Daddy was still by by's and he wen't "awww, daddy" in this sad little voice. Poor kid.
Gabriel i think is adjusting to the moving news. When i told him last saturday night he just sat on my lap and cried for about 15 minutes. This boy of mine does not like change. He weeps when i get rid of a broken toy and was sad for weeks when we sold our last house. I keep telling him about all the fun things to do in Red deer and that is helping, plus he really misses his dad and can't wait to go see him. Gramma and Aunty Ruth keep telling him how their going to come visit and that also helps. Not sure how he's going to deal with the seperation from Tristan.....many web cam playdates to come I think.
I am doing better with everything right now. I was pretty frazzled and stressed out this past couple weeks. Now that Lawrence has started his new job and has his car I feel much better. I've started packing and the house is so clean due to the many showings (finger crossed) to come. On a side note, if anyone has good boxes i can have for packing please let me know, i'll pick them up. I miss my man. Thank the Lord for the amazing cell phone plan we got so we can talk whenever we want. And thank the Lord for gramma and aunty's and friends who are helping me out with the kids and keeping me sane! I'm so thankful for all the people who have expressed their sadness and excitment about us moving. The support is invaluable!! God is so good and were so excited about where He's taking us!
7 comments:
The good thing about paying the money for the Uhaul is you'll be able to claim the money on income tax next year...It helps a little!
Oh wow. I am so with you! I have to start collecting boxes too and packing!
When is your moving date?
Jen, our moving date is whenever our trailer sells. hopefully within a month but who knows.
Do you have a place yet?? Good luck with everything!
Just think, if you were going to be here by the middle of may you could take the kids to see 'bob the builder' and 'Thomas'the train, so many things to look forward to moving. It is definaltey going to be an adjustment for you and the kids, but like you said you really feel like this is where God wants you so he will with you every step of the way.
sarah, were looking at places but we cant do anything about it until we sell our place here.
Lany, i sure hope we're there by the middle of may, its really hard not to stress when i think about possibly still being in terrace then. we all miss lawrence and this "waiting for our lives to change" thing is frustrating.
Hey Starla,
I don't have boxes...but a good place to check out would be Terraceview. The boxes from all the adult briefs (aka...diapers) are awesome boxes for moving...I'm sure they have alot...maybe check them out...I'll also ask today while I'm there if I get the chance!!
I hope it all goes smoothly for you!!
Love you!!
Post a Comment