Sunday, August 20, 2006

Please pray for my Oma!


I just had news tonight that my Oma isn't doing well. I guess her arthritis medication is giving her ulcers and last week she almost died from internal stomach bleeding. she was rushed to the hospital and they stopped the bleeding but she has informed the family that the next time something happens she doesn't want any thing done. I'm feeling sad. I have only had a good relationship with her in the last 10 years. She lives in Calgary and doesn't travel well so i see her very rarely. she has had time with Gabriel but hasn't met Noah yet. I know she is often in pain and is getting up there in years (in her late 80's i think). I know she looks forward to seeing Jesus face to face and I am so happy for her that she has that assurance and peace......but its hard to let go....or even to get ready to let go. So please uplift her and our family in your prayers!

6 comments:

Adam said...

I'm sure your Oma is very proud of your Christian walk Starla. 2 Timothy 1:5 came to mind. Good old Christian heritage passed down.
We will be praying for Oma and your family. God bless.

Jenny said...

I'm praying for you and your family.
My husband's granny was diagnosed with inoperable esophagal cancer in April. She's 85. It's sad. She's a strong Christian woman as well and isn't afraid of dying.
It's been very hard on the family especially the fact that she is 19 hours away (3 hours away from Calgary)from us and we can't just pop in and have tea and cookies with her. So we can relate to the pain your family is going through.
Thinking of you and yours.

Tanya said...

Keeping her in my prayers...missed you at the beach today...it was cold! Hope you had a good day!

starla said...

my oma is in Calgary so i understand fully about it being harder. I really wish she could see our boys before she goes (she hasn't met noah) but i can't see it happening. God knows best.

Sarah said...

Hi Star!! I love that pic. We will probably go to Red Deer at the end of september, maybe we could take some pictures or something to her, of the boys. Anyways think positive, Oma is such an amazing lady and has lived a long greatful life. We are keeping her in our prayers too!! Love ya

starla said...

ummm, i accidentally put that my oma lives in calgary but she actually lives in red deer.... brain freeze moment