Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Preschool Begins!

(Noah, hours old. He's changed so much already!)
I'm getting some school supplies today and starting preschool today with Gabriel. I'm really excited! I hope that i am a successful home schooler. I think homeschooling is good for some people but i know that its not for everyone. I want to try and have a go at it. I bought some ABC and Number flashcards from the school resource store last week but i'm taking the ABC ones back as the quality is really cheap. I would buy them for cheap at walmart if i wanted cheap quality and save myself some money. So back we go today.

Noah's second round of immunizations is today. See how that goes. He was pretty upset at his two month shots. Poor little guy had to have 2 shots in each leg! I would be upset too! I think its three today. I think i'm going to see if good ol' aunty Ruthie will accompany us and keep Gabriel occupied. And maybe she'll come shopping with me so i can try on clothes (not so easy to fit a baby, a toddler, the cart to carry them, and me into one of the change rooms at bootlegger....I can barely fit me and my purse in their dinky little rooms!

Lawrence went ocean fishing on the weekend with his dad and mike V. He had so much fun which is great! He brought home 7 crabs and 3 halibut! So last night we had some friends over for dinnner. we had halibut, crab, salads, breadsticks, and then yummy deserts! Wow! So good. I have to say that as amazing as the food was, the company was even better! Thank God for such amazing friends!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it when Scott goes out on the ocean. You can't beat fresh halibut (I'm allegic to shellfish so that's a thing of the past for me).
Good for you for homeschooling. I'd never have the motivation or patience.

Laney said...

Hey star...
some things that might help with your home preschooling would be a chalk board/chalks, and a white board/markers (walmart is cheap for those) as that is what I use for Aja to practise her letters/numbers etc. and now she is able to write both her upper case and lower case letters all by herself and her name as well (she used to get so frustrated trying to do them on pieces of paper as she needed a lot of space to 'figure' out the letters, now she can do them on a small piece of paper without a problem but it helped to practise them on something way bigger. btw... are you going to continue to homeschool later on or are you just doing homeschooling for preschool?

starla said...

lany, i'm planning on homeschooling until high school....but that is not set in stone...we'll have to see how we do with it.

Tommy Boy said...

HOW DARE YOU HAVE CRAB WITHOUT ME!!! After all the times I've fed crab to you guys... I'm sooo sad now... :'(

Just kidding!! I hope it was good!! Things are good down unda, been and seen lots since my parents go here!

Miss you guys SOOOOOO much!!

Tommy Boy

Tanya said...

Where oh where oh where is Starla?

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Sorry Starla, I posted my comment in the wrong section. I'm still new at this.