I photographed a wedding on the weekend. I was refered by a friend. As I'm sitting at the computer editing the photos I have come to the conclusion that I either need a better camera or I shouldn't be doing weddings at all! I am so dissapointed in myself and i'm terrified of the customers reaction the poor quality of photos i took. I don't know what it is....i do one wedding and be so impressed with myself and feel great about the pictures and then i'll do another and think "what am i doing! I have no photographic skills at all!" My only hope is that the few rolls of film i shot turn out better than the digital ones. My concience won't even allow me to charge the customer the planned price.....if i charge them at all. Its not even that i took bad pictures that i'm upset about but that it was someones wedding day! and that is the one time you should get great photos! I keep getting this picture in my mind of the customer crying to her husband....'we have no decent pictures of our special day!' Yikes!
In all honesty their were a few half decent ones at the ceremony that i'm satisfied with....but a few decent out of a couple hundred? I need to do some serious reflecting!
So now that I've been brutally honest with you all i guess i'm kinda shooting myself in the foot for future jobs.....I still feel confident in other areas with my photography, just not so great with the weddings.
Well, maybe i'll just start passing the weddings on to Ruth.
8 comments:
Don't give up Starla!!! If I ever get married you will take my photos!
Hey Starla. Your Photography is amazing. I hope you will do ours for our wedding. It will be great. Dont stress over it.
Don't be too hard on yourself!! I notice Scott's the same way when he takes a picture.
We'll still hire you!!!
thanks guys! your all great!
I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself, Starla! All the pictures I've seen you take have been awesome!
I'm sure they'll turn out better than you think. We're usually alot harder on ourselves than we should be. I thinks its because we notice everything thats wrong with what we do, but if you don't point it out to people...they won't even notice it.
And thanks for the compliment. I enjoy taking pics...I don't have anything fancy...but with digital...its nice to play around a bit. I'd love to invest in something a bit more...um...expensive...but not now. Anyways, hope to see you soon, maybe at the lake tomorrow. TTYL
i've heard the proportion of 'good' shots to bad is pretty low for any photographer.... thus taking hundreds of pictures.... don't feel bad, star, you ARE a true photographer!
"but we'd still eat kraft dinner"
"of course we would, we'd just eat more!"
[b/n ladies]
so take more! especially in digital, why not take 500+ pics?
blessin's,
lynne, the manic picture taker
Star I agree with the other comments, don't be hard on yourself! You ARE the most talented photographer I know. Of course I am hardly objective! ( wink) Love ya!!
Post a Comment