Wednesday, October 03, 2007

38 Weeks And 4cm Dilated!!!

I saw my dr today. She checked me and yahoo i'm 4cm dilated and "ripe"!!!! She said i could really go into labour at any minute!! So she stripped my membranes to help things along. I've been having mild crampiness but not really any contractions yet. Even greater news.....as long as the labour and delivery ward doesnt get crazy busy all of a sudden, she is going to break my water either tomorrow or Friday!!! So its looking very much like we will be holding our baby before the weekend is through!!! I can't begin to express how excited and relieved I am. I just got home from walking for a half hour which is close to all i can take at a time the way my hips and sciatic nerve are acting up. Going to rest for a few minutes and then clean my house. I plan on taking it easy tonight once the house is clean and i'm feeling prepared but we'll see how that goes. I'm supposed to call my dr's nurse around 4 and then we'll make more definite plans as to when i'm to go in to have my water broken. Their just waiting on my blood work from today and also for a woman to finish delivering. More great news, my bloodwork from last week came back at 90!! the week before it was 69 and the week before 55 so my blood is doing much better. If its gone up even more today my dr will be very happy. So, if all goes well I just might even be in church on sunday with the newest Penner addition!! I was up and about really soon after both the boys so its hopeful. I will try to keep the blog updated as much as possible.
UPDATE: my blood work from yesterday came back at 70 so another drop. I went back to the hospital lab today and got poked again. I'm just waiting now to hear the results from my dr's office. according to her nurse, another drop will probably make her want to get baby out even sooner. So i'm waiting rather impatiently for the phone to ring.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's very exciting news!!! All the best for your labour and delivery! Bet that new baby girl of yours will be a beauty!!!
Take care!

Jen Wilson said...

WOW! So exciting!