Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cloth Diapers....finally.


Lily wore only cloth diaper until bedtime today. I had planned on using cloth and disposable but never ended up getting any small cloth diapers. Yesterday i decided to pull out my collection of used cloth diapers to see if any would fit Lily. Turns out i had about 5 or 6 that now fit her. I realized shortly after this discovery that I hadn't noticed that I had only 1 disposable diaper left for Lily....oops. The stores were closed and we were off to church first thing in the morning. So i did cloth with her all day. It went really well (except for one small leak). I want to continue with cloth from here on. I will probably do them mostly while were at home and still use disposable when were out for long periods and for at night. I just need to aquire some more diapers and covers now. I have a few that fit her pretty good and are in decent condition but the rest are pretty worn out and dont' fit her. They really are quite expensive to buy new. I'm going to have a look on ebay and I'm also going to look into making some (if Sirena will aid me to an extent). I know that it takes time to make them but i'm not sure of the cost. I'll have to do some research. In the meantime, if anyone sees any nice cloth diapers in their thrift store wanderings please let me know! thanks!

No comments: