
its been a slow start to getting back in shape. I'm happy with the amount of weight i've lost since i started when lily was about 6 weeks (10lbs) but it could be a lot more if i was excercising regularly. the last couple weeks i only ran twice and that was it. nothing else. I did 45 minutes of turbojam today which is good. I just have a hard time staying on track and doing it. I really need accountability. I keep reminding myself that my 10 year reunion is this summer so hopefully that will keep me motivated. Its just so much harder to do this in the winter! Plus when i ran the bridges the other day for the first time since getting pregnant with Lily, i totally hurt my knee because of all the snow and ice. I'm really scared that my knees just can't handle running anymore. Right before i got pregnant with Lily my dr. diagnosed me with runners knee and told me to take at least 3 months off running to see if it fixed the problem. I'm really hoping that my knee pain the other day was only from the snow and ice and trying to keep my footing. I love to run! I would be so sad to not be able to do it! I did start our healthier eating tonight. I've been really bad for not cooking and serving veggies with out meals and then i read that 50% of your dinner plate should be veggies! Yikes!! i'm so far off! So tonight we had Spaghettie with whole wheat noodles and I cooked tons of extra veggies into the sauce (pureed it for the kids). Tomorrow we will have meatloaf with potatos and honey carrots. I can only do one meat free meal a week as lozza really loves meat and has informed me that i need to remember that he doesn't want to lose weight ( is that his polite way of telling me i'm starving him?).
4 comments:
Stir fry is an awesome way to combine the veggies and meat. My hubby is a true carnivore as well, and another one of his faves is tacos with ranch instead of sour cream, and whole wheat pitas.
Combining the veggies is something I struggle with as well!
Hope you can get the exercising in!
Poor men who are submitted to our cooking healthy, because we want to lose weight :) Just tell him he will live longer and be stronger because of all the veggies.
hey star... I realized back in the summer how little veggies that I was making for me and the kids and although weightloss is not what I am aiming for (weight/muscle gain right now would ben nice) I make sure that for lunch I give everyone fresh veggies then usually steamed veggies for supper even if I am having something like last night chicken pot pie with tons of veggies in it. I never realized how important veggies are for your health until recently.
Wow, sounds like you're off to a great start!!
Post a Comment