Monday, January 28, 2008

McChicken Meal

WARNING!!!! IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE EATING MCDONALDS IN HAPPY BLISS WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MANY CALORIES DO NOT READ THIS POST!!!

I love Mcdonalds. Yes i know its not very good food for my body but that doesn't stop it from tasting delish!!! Now that I'm counting calories again and trying to shed baby weight I had to check out the calories amounts for this food I love. Yikes! Here are a few of my favorite foods and their calories counts. Keep in mind that for the average woman of 135lbs and about 5'5, 1800 calories is recomended for to maintain weight (this is generic, find out your individual caloric needs with an online counter, theres one at sparkpeople.com).

McChicken burger :
*460 calories
*25 grams of fat (38% of daily value)
*770mg sodium (32 % of daily value)

Medium Fries:
*360 calories
*17grams fat (26%)
*280mg (32%)

1 McChicken Sauce :
Packet
*100 calories
*10grams fat (15%)
*90mg sodium (4%)

Medium Coke: *220 calories
*0grams fat
*10 mg sodium

Total Calories: 1140
Total Fat : 25 grams
Sodium : 1150 mg

So if I ate this meal for lunch I would be allowed 650 more calories for the whole day. thats like one small dinner (all low fat foods) and maybe a string cheese for a snack. Yikes!

Daily Fat allowance to maintain weight (remember this is not for losing weight) is 27grams. So i can now have only 2 more grams of fat for the the whole day!

And then sodium. 0-2300 mg of sodium per day is recomended so that meal has about half the daily allowance.

Sorry I've ruined that meal for you! if you just dont' care then great for you! For me, those chicken fajitas are looking better all the time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out that the new Bagel B.E.L.T. At Tim hortons has more calories in it than a Mcdonalds Sausage n egger! :( And that a milkshake has like 2000 calories or something lol Ruined my love of bagels lol

Sarah said...

wow thats nuts. 2000 calories for a milkshake?? I cant believe the McChicken Sauce has 100 calories! Its soo good but soo bad!

Jenny said...

Thankfully we rarely eat at McDonalds. But...wouldn't like to know how much calories a mozza burger is?(that's always my splurge meal).

Jen Wilson said...

Wow ... that's my favorite meal too ... but maybe not anymore! hehe

Linda said...

Thanks ! I needed that!! LOL!!