Thursday, January 10, 2008

Standing T


Yesterday was a good day. My niece and nephew had spent the night so i was able to go for a run in the morning while they stayed with the kids. It was so nice! the air was crisp, it was snowing very lightly, and i loved the sound of the snow crunching under my runners. The light snow of the night before combined with newly sanded roads meant no slipping on the ice. I ran to sirenas house and back with no knee or thigh pain!! It took me 36 minutes. I'll have to check the distance later today to see how fast my mile is (assuming really slow). My eating was decent, 1809 calories (nine over my limit) but if i go by weight watchers points i was out of control. for my height and weight they say i should have 18-23 points......I had 40. oops. Still haven't decided which one i'm going to go by. After the kids were in bed I put on a movie and did 20 minutes of strenght training. So that means i almost met my fitness goals for yesterday. i didn't get in the full 45 minutes of cardio but i feel fine about it due to how well my run went. Still struggling with the munchies in the evening and not sure how i'm going to wean myself off of it. A work in progress. Hopefully today will go as well.


Fitness goal today: 35-45 minutes cardio (running or turbojam), 15 minutes core strengthening


Move of the day: http://www.shape.com/workouts/32?page=4 (working on my balance)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn Munchies.

I'm trying to control them too, and failing miserably. The holidays gave me a 12 lb present, so I need to get my arse in gear and clean up my habits. I had been doing pretty good before....

The gym being open again after a month will help, but now I just have to get my sorry self to the gym. Scott's back too though, so that will help too - fitness is easier when done in flocks.

I'm supposed to be on a Celery and Lettuce diet (joking). Sam always asks me how my Celery and Lettuce is tasting when I have something I shouldn't....(that means you mcdonalds, cookies and ice cream!)

I'm supposed to be updating my progress on runfatboyrun.blogspot.com, but I'm slacking at that too - it's easier than facing reality. ;)

Jenny said...

If I tried a standing T, my body would slump over and turn into a standing U.
Good going on the exercising and healthy eating!

starla said...

jenny, i tried it last night and fell over a dozen times. i couldn't hold it for the 15 seconds they said to hold it for.

Unknown said...

Oops...I guess that should be runfatboyrun.wordpress.com, I also have jeffandsamplus2.wordpress.com

I'll try to post it and keep it a bit more up to date, both of them.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Weight Watchers allows more points and caloires for nursing mothers. Because nursing does require extra calories!!! So don't feel to bad! :)

starla said...

thanks sharon, i forgot about that!