Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Progress? a little slow

I never did make time for my workout today. I got a lot done though so i don't feel super bad (just medium bad). Lots of errands, bread baking, cooking, cleaning. I would have done a late night workout but my niece and nephew are over for the night and their still up. I'm already past my intended 10:30 bedtime by over an hour....yikes. Oh well, back on track tomorrow. My eating was so so today. I ate way too much of the amazing banana cake i made last night. Fajitas with red and green peppers, whole wheat tortillas, cheddar and low fat sour cream for dinner. cereal for breaky, turkey, lettuce, cheese, tomato sandwhich for lunch. 1 diet coke, 1 bottle of water. overall not too bad. I need to drink way more water though.

Plan for tomorrow:
breakfast: cereal or oatmeal
snack: 1/2 whole wheat bagel with 1tbls peanut butter
lunch: turkey/veggie sandwhich
snack: low fat cheese stick, apple
dinner: sweet meatloaf, mashed potatos, honey carrots (yikes, small portions for me)

Water Goal: 2 bottles (start slow and work up) No diet coke until i've had two full bottles of water

Workout Goal: turbo jam 45 minutes, weights, 15 minutes

My Move of the Day: http://www.shape.com/workouts/66?page=3

5 comments:

J.G. said...

Okay. Ya I know I am like the wealth of information that nobody wants to hear or believe...however, I must stress that "diet" and "low fat" are much worse and more fattening than "regular". They are highly addictive and extremely fattening things in these products. They are put there for that very reason. To get you hooked and thinking you are doing the right thing when it is the opposite. Less calories but more chemicals = very bad.

starla said...

thanks for the info jaclyn, i appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

just thought id pass on a bit of info that amy told me about pop. diet pop causes cancer in rats :( well the aspertame in diet does

Laney said...

another little tid bit of info... our diet is supposed to consist of 70% alkaline foods and only 30% of acidic foods to keep your body at a 7.2 PH level so basically 70% veggies(and fruits) and 30% meats/alternates, breads/cereals, and milk products (although this is something that most people don't want to hear including me as I just don't jump up and down to eat my veggies)... in case anyone is interested you can buy PH test strips at most health food stores if you are at all curious as to what your PH level is :-)

J.G. said...

Another tid bit...if you keep your ph level under 6 cancer cells CANNOT grow and will instead become dormant. Now thats a good reason to eat veggies (and raw almonds:)