Friday, January 09, 2009

Have You?

I am overcome. Have you ever felt God pull you into His arms? Have you known the feeling of being afraid and calling out in the darkness? Have you known the feeling of his love and comfort like a blanket? Have you ever been amazed at His never ending faithfullness? No matter your discretions? I know the refiners fire is here. Will I fight it with every strength in me or will I submit, resting assured in His promises? Will I move forward with His leading? Or remain in a dirty muddy rut sinking to my knees? I am overcome. With joy, with gratefullness, with love, with thankfullness. My cup runneth over! I am ever unworthy of your smallest thought and yet here You are, calling my name! Have you ever run with every ounce of strength in you? "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 corinthians 9:24

Have you ever felt failure so close that you could feel its fingers grasping at your wrist? Have you strained your eyes against the darkness and only felt more overcome by it? Have you ever closed your eyes and taken a step? I will trust in You? I WILL Trust in You! Have you ever wept when you felt Him take ahold of your hand and lead you out? Have you ever felt redeemed? "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:2-3


When I can't see You I know You're there
When I can't feel You I will not fear
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.
When the battle is close at hand
Though You're with me and help me stand
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.
I will not be afraidI will not be afraid
I will trust in youI will trust in you
I will trust in you
When the darkness is close at hand
And I‘m running against the wind
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.
When I'm standing upon that shore
All the battles I've gone before
I will trust in you, and I will not be afraid.
'Cuz I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
'Cuz I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
'Cuz I will not be afraid
I will not (whoaho) be afraid
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
-Jeremy Camp, I Trust in You


THE NAMES OF GOD

OLD TESTAMENT NAMES FOR GOD

ELOHIM......Genesis 1:1, Psalm 19:1
meaning "God", a reference to God's power and might.
ADONAI......Malachi 1:6
meaning "Lord", a reference to the Lordship of God.
JEHOVAH--YAHWEH.....Genesis 2:4
a reference to God's divine salvation.
JEHOVAH-MACCADDESHEM.......Exodus 31:13
meaning "The Lord thy sanctifier"
JEHOVAH-ROHI......Psalm 23:1
meaning "The Lord my shepherd"
JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH.......Ezekiel 48:35
meaning "The Lord who is present"
JEHOVAH-RAPHA.........Exodus 15:26
meaning "The Lord our healer"
JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU......Jeremiah 23:6
meaning "The Lord our righteousness"
JEHOVAH-JIREH.........Genesis 22:13-14
meaning "The Lord will provide"
JEHOVAH-NISSI.........Exodus 17:15
meaning "The Lord our banner"
JEHOVAH-SHALOM........Judges 6:24
meaning "The Lord is peace"
JEHOVAH-SABBAOTH......Isaiah 6:1-3
meaning "The Lord of Hosts"
EL-ELYON..............Genesis 14:17-20,Isaiah 14:13-14
meaning "The most high God"
EL-ROI................Genesis 16:13
meaning "The strong one who sees"
EL-SHADDAI............Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1
meaning "The God of the mountains or God Almighty"
EL-OLAM...............Isaiah 40:28-31
meaning "The everlasting God"

1 comment:

Gwen said...

This post was perfectly timed for me. Thanks Starla.