Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Step one....of thousands.

Today is day three of making myself get up at 6am to work out before the kids get up. Noah has sat on the couch and watched me two of those mornings but he's usually pretty good at just sitting there. Its tough to get up but it make such a huge difference in how my day goes. I haven't really done any excercising since we moved into this house and i've been really needing it. I've also had my lights out for the last two nights by 10:15 which is also huge for me. This morning I just did yoga for 20 minutes due to my headcold. Don't you just love opening your eyes to an instant headache? My workout game is pretty good but I wish more and more each day that I had a treadmill. I miss running so much. I know it wouldn't be the same at all as running outside. I would way rather turn on the tv in the evening and run on the treadmill than do a workout video (boring)! If I am ever able to buy one i really want a good one. I've heard that its a wast of money to spend less than $2000 on one. One day....maybe.....

I've also been slowly (very slowly) trying to eat better. drinking more water and not opening the sweets cupboard......as often. I'm just a very munchy person. I need to get some healthy things to munch on. And veggies just do not cut it most of the time. I wish they did but its the last thing i want to grab while i'm watching jon&kate. Last night I actually wanted fresh fruit!! And of course were out completely. Not so much as a brown banana. Groceries on Thursday hopefully! Right now its time to make breakfast. The kids want toast. I'm not in the mood for my normal protein shake so i think i'll make some oatmeal for me. Have a great, non-binging day!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

im on the same page im trying to eat better and exerise now ppl just need to stop using my treadmill as a drop off zone lol. I bought a VHS for $1.00 called fit mama, its neat it has a salsa dance, yoga fat burn, labour and delivery prep, and prenatal stretch. Now i just gotta get the motivation in the morning to do it!

Jenny said...

I woke up to the same head cold...but...I took some of hubby's cold medicine, some cold fx, garlic, echanacea and vitamin C! Lol...I'm feeling better...or maybe just drugged up.
Gonna drag my butt to the gym tonight and do my upper body.
I have an elliptical and LOVE it...would like a treadmill as well at some point,but my elliptical is awesome for when the weather is horrible and I need to get a workout in.
If you'd use the equipment you should get it. It won't be a waste of money.

Anonymous said...

im trying to eat better too, i got these shakes from the real canadian super store to drink at work for breakfast and lunch, so im not going down to the food court and indulging in all the bad stuff lol. Although subway is healthy and delicious, i got bored of it fast! I hope you complete your goal!!

Oh i was listening to the radio today and they were talking about sleep and how it effects losing weight and such. Having a nap any time of day is a good thing, and actually makes you more aware for the rest of the day. And as long as you get enough rest at night, getting up and working out in the morning is beneficial!

I hope you get your treadmill!