The ball is rolling and things are happening!! Were finally making some needed changes in the house! You may be thinking "why does she say finally? they've only been in the house a few months?" I say finally because this is the third house we've owned and the first one that we have really done any of the work we planned on doing. So a great friend of ours is at this very moment doing some furnace/vent work. Our fresh air intake for our furnace is a joke and is costing us even more money than our 16 year old furnace should. So our friend (okay its Dalen) is putting in some new vent/ducts for fresh air intake throughout the house. Guess what the next project is that he's going to work on? Were moving the washer and dryer up from the dungeon onto the ground floor!!! It will soon be a short 1 flight of stairs away from our main living area as opposed to the current two flights of stairs. It will will be very central for both the upstairs and downstairs suites which is great if decide to rent the downstairs and also great for resale. Due to the changes we'll need to make in order to move the washer and dryer up, the downstairs kitchen will also be getting a great walk in pantry! Another great rental/resale feature!! Anyone want to rent our downstairs suite? haha. The next big projects after the ones i just listed, will be painting! The living room and the kitchen cabinets first. I'm really hoping I'll be able to start the painting in late spring. Oh it so exciting!
14 comments:
It is really exciting! I must also admit that it's even more exciting since it's my Mr.SuperFantastic. I can't wait to see how it all comes together in the end!
I'm totally excited for you too!!! And I absolutely love your new blog design!!!!
What colors are you painting? Cool to have your washer and drier easier to get at and a PANTRY! I love my pantry!
hey starla, so who sings this song and whats it called?? i keep getting it stuck in my head i leave your blog on my computer so i can hear it andrew sings and dances to it so cute, so i need to download it hehe
haha i see you put it on your blog lol i missed that post
oh that is very exciting! i hope you will be taking some pics of all these changes!
mom - i'm planning on painting the living room a dark olive green, and the kitchen cuboards will just be plain white. the previous owners put some new cuboards in on one side of the kitchen so i'm just going to match to those.
Ohh I love olive green! I'm so glad it's back in style as a decorating color!! Are you into vintage kitchen stuff at all ?
That sounds sweet! good luck with eeverything!!! And you dont need to have something in style! As long as you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?!?!? You're the one who has to look at it everyday, right?! lol
Exactly Tasha!!!
mom- I am into vintage kitchen stuff. more cottage than country if that makes sense....don't think i'm looking for any chickens, hehe.
my mom used to collect chickens....lmfao....man....
Yeah I have a weakness for chickens. I even have chicken dishes. I think my decorating style is country clutter. Emphasis on the clutter hehe. Now cottage is cleaner- sort of vintage meets modern. Simple statements like a pair of bright yellow rubber boots on a wicker mat by your door, or two perfect books by an earthen jug on a simple black shelf. Mixing neutrals with a splash of color here and there.
Yeah I have a weakness for chickens. I even have chicken dishes. I think my decorating style is country clutter. Emphasis on the clutter hehe. Now cottage is cleaner- sort of vintage meets modern. Simple statements like a pair of bright yellow rubber boots on a wicker mat by your door, or two perfect books by an earthen jug on a simple black shelf. Mixing neutrals with a splash of color here and there.
Sorry I posted this twice ( or more?) I am so frustrated with my dial up and blogger!
Post a Comment