Monday, February 19, 2007

5 and a half weeks....arggg

I had my dr's appointment today. She did an ultrasound and get this.....she say's i'm only 5.5 weeks instead of 7.5!!! I'm not very impressed. she did confirm that there is only one baby and we saw the little heart beating which was very nice. She said that after having a kid or two as soon as the hormones start producing when your pregnant your belly will pop out cause everything has been stretched already. So for those of you who have asked....no twins. It's amazing that I tested positive when I did as I would have only been like 3 weeks along so that egg would have just implanted days before. It also makes sense as to why my nausea has just started this week as it often starts around week 5, which is why most women test then. It was even worse today and I'm trying not to dread each morning. Looking towards that second trimester......which is now an extra two weeks away.....sigh.

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Hey Star,
That is a little disappointing for sure but it is better to know now than to be counting the days and in the last month hear that it will be 2 weeks later! I was the same with Annabelle, actually I hadn't even missed a period I was just feeling extra tired, went for a test and it was possitive, I would have been, MAX 3 weeks. Unbelievable that it even showed up.So, when is your new due date? I can't think to figure it out.

Tanya said...

Starla.., sorry to hear that you are two weeks less than you that you are.However in no time at all..,your new addtion will be will here and we couldn't be more excited for you and Lawrence,Gabe and Noah.Love you all and you are in our prayers.Hopefully the morning sickness doesn't last long.

Chris said...

Are you complaining already :P Geeez lady Suck it up and enjoy the time you have. Being preggers is a GREAT thing. Were stoked for you guys but I'll beat you up if I have to hear you complaining all the time haha

starla said...

hmmm, and since when did i care about annoying you chris? oh yah...Never!

Carin said...

:) I am super excited for you Starla... and the journey is going to be wonderful! now you get two extra weeks to prepare for that little bundle of JOY! :)

Lucy said...

That baby will come before you know it and then you'll have three lovely rugrats running around!