Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day by day....

Tomorrow is valentines day...should I be excited? I guess tomorrow doesn't really count as were going to the youth group's fundraiser night on friday "a night in Paris". A fancy five course meal planned by moe who is amazing at meals! I can't wait! Gotta give a shout out to dad and vi who generously paid for our tickets! you guys are great!

So the belly continues to grow day by day... probably not noticable to anyone else since my last picture post but yesterday i put on my jeans and couldn't do up the button or the zipper. So I called up Jenna and luckily she didn't need my bella band anymore! Bella bands are wonderful! for those of you who have no idea what a bella band is....it looks like a tube top...really stretchy...you put it around your waist so you can wear your pre-pregnancy clothes longer with the buttons undone. the band holds everything up and in place and flat....it also acts as a layering tool so you can continue to wear shirts that would otherwise be too short for protruding bumps.

My symptoms as of yet are still fairly mild. I can't complain about that. Okay so a little complaint....i can't help but worry about miscarriage ( my second pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 4 weeks). And it is said that the stronger the symptoms the less chance of miscarriage. Now granted many a pregnant woman is blessed with a fairly symptom/sickness free pregnancy and a healthy baby at the end.....but I still worry. I'm trying to give it to God everyday (okay so more than once every day). i know that He has a perfect sovereign plan for me, our family and this little life inside me. I'm learning to give it up to Him and in return recieve His unending peace! "for I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord"

I got a call from my oby/gyn office today and I have an appointment on monday! yahoo! When i phoned on yesterday morning they hadn't recieved the referal letter from our family dr yet and the receptionist said that the dr doesn't usually see you until your 12 weeks anyways. So 5 weeks early! Although this does mean the inevitable ordering of the first round of blood tests....with gabriel they took 7 vials of my blood for the first round! Yikes. Good thing i'm not totally terrified of needles.

I just realized how long this post is getting. I better quit now. Have a blessed week!!!

6 comments:

Laney said...

hey star... it looks like we picked the wrong week to come visit, lol, 5 course meal that moe is planning, nice! we will definaltey be praying for you during this pregnancy!

Charlene said...

Hey Star,
Maybe symptomless means GIRL!!! hahaha. I had almost no symptoms with any of my pregnancies and I think that my babies turned out alive and well so I am just praying for the peace that passes all understanding for you. A peace that only God can bring. He holds your baby, even now and knows the plans He has for "it".
9 vials for me the first time with Joshua and it was my first time in my life having bloodwork. It was horrific! I am so excited to see you grow!!! Yippee!

Tamara said...

Starla I'm so excited and happy for you guys!!

Christy said...

Well I have to say my symptoms with this one were twice as bad than with Tristan. But they didn't start until about 8 weeks! So maybe it is a girl?

Oh the blessed vials! I had quite a few with both pregnancies. But I must be weird because I enjoy getting all the pregnancy stuff that needs to be done...including the needles! But I also have no fear of needles at all. It just makes things go by faster!

Have a good day!

starla said...

char - yah, i'm secretly hoping that the lack of symptoms means girl!

christy - i know what you mean about liking all the tests. i don't enjoy the blood work but its almost fun cause its something to do with the baby and every thing is one step closer to 40 weeks!

Linda said...

Can't believe a new little one will be arriving before the next Christmas arrives! Pretty wonderful present!!

PS I got the sports question wrong on your quiz. ( kicking myself)