I felt like this was my best week yet for excercise. Granted it still wasn't on par with what i used to do before my pregnancy with Lily. I did the 40 minute turbojam twice, the 20 minute once, went for an hour long power walk with christy (pushing a stroller with two kids) and did free weights once. It really doesn't sound for impressive when i write it down here but it really is the most i've done in one week since lily's birth. I felt that my eating was okay. Okay okay! so we had a small prebaby ladies nigth for sirena and we all pigged out to the extent of sickness and i probably ate 3 too many of the yummilicious oatmeal raisin cookies i made but i felt okay about the eating overall. So imagine my dissapointment last night when i weighed in and had lost only .2 of a pound! come one!!! i was really hoping for at least 1 full pound with all the working out! A couple friends tried to placate me by telling me that i probably lost fat and gained muscle and thats why the numbers didn't really change. hmmmm, not feeling a whole lot better. I wanted my skinny jeans to fit! I had this notion in my head that i would first lose all the excess baby weight and fat and after that i would build some muscle and get all buff.....i know....this isn't really how it works but i didnt' tell myself that. There is a small part of me that keeps saying "you didn't build any muscle this week, you just have to work out way harder and starve yourself if you ever want your old body back! HAHAHA!!" Lets just turn that voice off right now shall we.
So my plan for this week. I'm going to try to workout 6 days this week. I need to do more free weights (while i'm watching tv in the evenings for example). If i'm going to build muscle than i'll really build muscles. I need to log calories this week i think to see if i'm eating more than i think I am, and i really need to get more fruits and veggies each day. I'm going to try to post a daily challenge for myself and for anyone else who is trything to lead a healthier lifestyle. you can leave a comment if you meet the challenge or not. I think i'll get back onto sparkpeople.com this week to motivate myself a bit more. Okay, here I go! First stop, eat a good breakfast to get the metabolism going!
P.S. today challenge is to drink 3 water bottles of water (i add crystal light to make it more enjoyable). My water bottle adds up to 3 cups of water.
7 comments:
Wow. You inspire me. My baby is almost a year old and I haven't lost one single pound!!
It's still very impressive Starla! You are building muscle and in the next couple of weeks I'm sure you'll see a better result.
I totally understand. I have been working out 4-6 days every week for an hour each time for 4 weeks now...and watching food intake(only 4 desserts in like 30 days) and do you think I lost any weight? Well, 1 lousy pound, that by the way I gained back. The phe saying "the older you get the harder it is" keeps playing over and over in my mind...but I am not old! Or am I?
Good luck and I hope we both start seeing results soon.
I've been good with the water. We have omitted all other forms of drinks, except for milk and juice in the morning for the boys.
i finished my water! and i didnt' have a diet coke yesterday so thats great!
You're doing awesome Star...you should be proud of yourself for doing what you're already doing. The weight loss will come...just be patient...you'll get there...I have all the faith in the world that you will.
Be glad that you don't have to sit on your butt for 6 hours a day like me...then to come home and spend another 2 hours on your butt!!
yes but tanya, your going to school, strengthening your mind and attaining a career! thats awesome!!!
Post a Comment