Friday, February 15, 2008

A New Day!

This morning I was blessed with the privilege of watching Sirena bring their newest child into the world! What a beautiful woman, what a beautiful child! And lets not forget the beautiful support and love from her husband Dalen! I watched Sirena for the last two hours of her labour (she had been labouring for 48 hours prior to this at home) with grace and strength. Joseph is a beautiful baby and the love his parents hold for him already was easy to see and lovely to watch.

This week has not been a good week for me with my eating or my excercise. It would be easy for me to just say "i'll not worry about this week, i'll start again next week." But I know that i would take advantage and the next few days I would not excercise and not eat well. Sure starting right now for the week will probably not make a difference for the scale on tuesday's weigh in but watching Joseph come into the world today reminds me that every day is a brand new start! Yesterday we didn't know Joseph. Sirena was a mother of three and her "baby" was her 2 1/2 year old Ephrim. Today She is the mother of four! She has josephs face memorized already and Ephrim is now one of her "big boys". Life can change in a moment. Maybe its silly for me to translate this into my healthier lifestyle, my excercise and better eating habits but i'm going to apply it anyways. Each day is a new chance for me to eat healthier, to excercise my body better, to strengthen my mind with God's word, to get to know my children better, to keep my house cleaner, to be a better wife for my husband....you get the idea. So I'm going to get off the computer, turn on some worship music, clean my house, and later go for a run with Tamara (so excited to run with you Tams!). And hopefully tomorrow I'll do even better.....or maybe it will be worse but i'll try and then I can try again the next day!

Todays Challenge: appreciate the life God has given you. hug your children, your husband, your sister, mother, father, brother.....or even your cat. Do something good for you body (drink some water, go for a walk), and praise God for His faithful goodness!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great challenge Starla!!!
I'm taking a few extra moments to praise God.
Today's my free day(yesterday was great until Dinner...oops) I didn't go to Bosu Ball. Not feeling good, so I'm going to listen to my body and take it easy!
Have an amazing run with Tamara!

Tamara said...

I can't wait to meet little Joseph :)

And I also can't wait for that run!! Which should be happening in a short while...HELP ME GOD! lol

Christy said...

Excuse me while I go and get some kleenex...