My abs hurt.......and I love it!!!! Yesterday was sunday (in case you hadn't noticed) and Sundays are always a bit rushed and busy for us. We had to be at church by 8:30am because lawrence was doing sound and I was doing media. We had the alarm set for 7:00 but Lily woke me up around 6:15 to eat. I fed her and then instead of going back to sleep for the extra 30 minutes, I forced myself out of bed and into my workout gear. In an ideal world it would be summer right now, the sun would have been up and i would have gone for a beautiful run in the quiet morning air. But, its still the dead of winter and it was still blizzarding yesterday morning. So I pulled out my mat and decided to try the TurboJam Ab sculpt dvd. I haven't attempted this one as I always do the cardio ones. It was 10 minutes of standing ab work and then 10 minutes of floor ab work. Wow, it was harder than I thought (despite warnings from a friend a couple days before). I finished it just after 7:00 and the daily rush began. I can't tell you how good it felt to have at least a small workout finished so early in the day! MY abs started to get sore in the late afternoon. When I rolled over in bed last night my whole torso area was screaming, it made me smile! And this morning again. I love it cause it lets me know that the workout .....worked. I keep seeing visions of my six pack abs.....okay i'm reaching but alow me my dream! Last night around 8:30 just after the kids all fell asleep, Sirena sent me a message on messenger asking if i wanted to walk with her (trying to get Buster out). So at 9pm I picked her up and we walked for an hour. It was really nice. The wind and snow had stopped and the plows were finally out. So I feel great about yesterday! I even ordered a salad when we went out for lunch after church! Okay so it had tortilla chips and cheese on it but its still way better than Fettuccini alfredo!
So today I want to fit in the 40 minute turbojam and I want to do some free weights to work my arms and especially my back. And tonight i'm weighing in and hopeing for a better number. On to....
Todays Challenge: Go sledding!!! This one will be tough for those of you who work out of the home for most of the daylight hours but its still possible to find sledding hills that are lit after dark. Now here is the key to making sledding a really great workout. Take your kids, or borrow someone elses. You get to pull them up the hill and then slide down with them. Think of it as working out (up the hill) and then your reward (down the hill). This will do wonders for you butt, your arms, your chest, you name it!!! We have a good little hill right by our house so i'll bundle the kids up after lunch. Have fun!!!
2 comments:
To go sledding, I'd need some snow pants and boots! And so would Noah, so I guess I'd better get around to doing that one day. The kids are all decked out and ready to go though!
i have boots but i just double up on pants. I did 30 minutes of sledding, 45 minutes of shoveling and 20 minutes of turbojam! it was a good day!
Post a Comment